It's finally mild enough to wear my new G-Star denim skirt, and I LOVE IT!
It's the best denim skirt I've ever had, and I've had many. Beautiful quality, fab white stitching, sustainably and ethically manufactured, fluidly A-line so that I can move around fast on errands with Sam in tow, and very comfy. It totally stays put and does not slide around because it fits well and has zero stretch! Greg remarked on how fab he thought it was too :)
I documented a little outfit creation session because there have been many skirt-outfit questions this year. Maybe these visuals will help, since none of the tops are tucked, apart from the first funnel neck which is semi-tucked.
Personally, I like shorter tops and toppers with skirts. Fits are fluid or very fluid:
- Short funnel neck (not a hoodie!)
- Short shirts with CURVED hems that add structure
- Polo top with a welt, or what others call a banded bottom, that hints at a waist
- Shorter toppers lengthen the leg line since I don't wear heels.
*Sneaker and loafer complement variations that work with the palettes of the outfits.
*Remix of old and new items ALWAYS. I make sure I can wear my new with my old because it gives me satisfaction. For example, the short neon coat is 9 years old. The Furlas are four and five years old.
* I wore the two funnel neck outfits today. Started off with the light blue, and moved to the neon because I needed more insulation. Very windy by the water!
Some personal observations:
- No pearls or patterns for a change!
- I feel very Dutch in these looks! Dutch G-Star plus blue/white combinations with practical shoes will do that for you.
- My COVID pixie is becoming addictive. It's such an easy wash and go, although I know my look is softer and nicer with a long fringe that waves. But I love the convenience of this style, and might have to hold onto it for longer. Getting lazy with my hair ;)
- We are expecting amazing Spring weather next week, so I'll be wearing the non-topper versions then.
Jab #1 of Pfizer done. Jab #2 on April 28. No side effects other than a stiff arm for 36 hrs. Life is looking up.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy Friday! xo